Diskdrive replacement with a cheap HXC flashed Gotek
I’ve done this quite a few times with lots of different samplers. Despite the fact all this knowledge is thoroughly described by the HXC software developer and on some fora, I quite regularly get questions about how to to this. Hopefully in the future visiting this site will help people out a bit. 🙂
- How to flash a cheap Gotek USB floppy drive emulator with HXC firmware to make it able to communicate with most (all?) vintage hardware samplers.
- How to mount your Gotek and prepare your USB stick.
- How to convert read real floppy disks to a HXC compatible disk image so you’ll be able to use your old hardware-floppy disks in your new Gotek/USB floppy emulator.
How to download and write Typhoon2000 OS on a floppy-disk. Also available:
- HXC disk image file (Typhoon2000 OS and an Empty Disk Image)
- Youtube tutorial Typhoon2000 OS -> Floppy-Disk
Roland S50 / S550
HXC disk images available. All images have been taken from copy (non-originals). I haven’t checked if information written by previous owner is correct or complete: